Some of you have been asking when Mike will graduate from the program or when we will move overseas. That is a more complicated question than it would seem! Here is the process and the answer we have come up with.
When we arrived at Tyndall in March, we were told that Mike would be graduating from the program on September 26th and could expect to report to our next base around the end of October. In May, the class ahead of Mike ran behind schedule. As a result, Mike didn't fly for a whole month! So, they moved his graduation date back to November 10th and who knows when we would report. In July, Mike was asked if he could report to his base early, by October 31st. He agreed and the new plans were to leave for Japan on Oct 15th. I was fine with that until early last week we heard another rumor. Gradation was pushed back to November 10th again!
So, what are our plans now? We have no idea!! Rumors in the Air Force are worse than high school! I've been told by many people that we shouldn't count on anything until we are on the plane on our way to Japan! As of right now, I am mentally preparing to move on October 15th. If it's later than that, then I'll enjoy a few more days/weeks/months in the US!
Thanks to all the family and friends who have been interested in our plans or interested in attending Mike's graduation! I am sorry that we don't have more details to share with you but you will be the first to know when we hear anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment