Wednesday, March 31, 2010

An Ode to the End of Mustache March

Pilots around the world, especially fighter pilots, like to celebrate a little thing they call Mustache March. It's a chance for them to grow regulation facial hair even if it's against better fashion judgement or the pleas of their wives. Mike, like every other pilot in his squadron, has been growing all month and has a 'stache to prove it. But now March is over and I am ready to see that thing go! So, to encourage him, I wrote this little poem. Warning: It is for a fighter pilot and like all other things "fighter pilot," it is crude at times. Hope you enjoy it!!

Even Rusty has a mustache but he won't be shaving his today!!


An Ode to the End of Mustache March

Goodbye lip sweater. Goodbye 'stache.
Goodbye culprit of this facial rash.

I've given you 31 days to grow.
It's 31 March and time to go!

Please wax or tweeze or straight razor shave.
Please make that nest on your top lip behave!

For if you choose to not go away,
I declare Armpit April or perhaps Muff May!

Please, bring back my clean-shaven man.
Hairless lips are best. You understand.

So farewell nose pants. I'll miss you not.
Farewell post-sneeze catcher of snot.

In 11 months you'll grow again.
But until then, you're not my friend.

I love the man behind the hair.
Mr. Mustache, I wish you weren't there!!

6 comments:

  1. That...is...hysterical. My favorite line is about Armpit April! I can't imagine putting up with that 'stache for a whole month. And a month with 31 days, nonetheless! You are a great wife. Now go grab that razor. (and document the shaving...I want to see a blog post of this momentous day!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Love it...the poem, not the stache! Hope you'll be celebrating tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever...such a lovely poet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn: Matt is not in the Glass Blog Club - can you invite him to join so he can see the amazing things and poems you post? :) Heart you!
    Ps. Do you have shaving pics? POST 'UM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HILARIOUS Lynn! But.. I sure hope its not Arm Pit April this month :) Lub you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that BC doesn't believe in Mustache March this year. His mustache situation was left behind with the bad guys in the desert...

    ReplyDelete