Tuesday, February 8, 2011

RENOB!

One of the many perks to going home for a visit is spending time with my best gal pals from high school. For 12+ years we have hung out, kept in touch, and celebrated the most important things in life together. We've seen each other through birthdays, weddings, moves, new jobs, deaths and, yes, births! Over the years, our group of 9 girls and 3 guys have grown by adding 11 spouses and 11 children with 2 more on the way (and no, I am not counting our husbands as children!)

(Left to right) Steph with Emma, Nan, Me, Sara and Grant

During high school, we spent most of our weekends together. Senior year, we realized that week night events could be just as exciting and fun. So we instituted RENOBs - Random Extra Nights Of Bonding (the guys in the group also loved that it spelled "boner" backwards!) At least once a month, we would take turns hosting RENOBs, having dinner, watching movies, and doing stilly things that high school kids do.

It's so good to know that you are NEVER too old to enjoy a RENOB with old friends! Thanks to Sara and Grant Sterley for hosting one while I was home. We ate dinner, laughed over memories, and shared updates on our lives now. We were missing a few key players but had a few new faces with us that night too. Bridget brought her three children, identical twin boys Max and Tyler and little girl Maisie. Steph brought along newborn Emma. And of course Sara and Grant's little boy Jasper was there to host us as well.

Jenny with Maisie

Jasper on the left with Max and Tyler (sorry Bridget! I still can't tell them apart!)

I know I am so lucky to have friends like these girls. It is not often that you keep high school friends for life. It's even more rare to keep 8 of them! Thank you Stephanie, Bridget, Jenny, Gretchen, Sara, Nan, Christie, and Andrea for being a continued blessing in my life. No matter where life takes us, you are a constant! I love you all!

(Left to right) Back row: Me, Stephanie, Jenny, Gretchen, Nan
Front row: Bridget and Sara

3 comments:

  1. Awww I want to go back! Come home, Lynn! :) It was SO great to see you and get so much great, quality time with you while you were home. Love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SOOOOOOO good to see you! I loved getting to sit and chat with you and can't wait to get the chance again...another RENOB will be a must next time you're home. PS: It's really interesting to see our "little" group in numbers....11 kids, really? Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black and white picture! So glad you guys could spend some time together while you were home Lynn.

    ReplyDelete